Out-of-state workers need state approval


Information released by leaders announced that those who work in Louisiana but live in Texas will need special permission to cross the border.

In accordance with CISA guidelines, Texans working in Louisiana will need to write a letter requesting permission to travel back and forth between Texas and Louisiana.

Requests should be sent to cikr@soc.texas.gov. Travel will be approved on an individual basis based on essential critical infrastructure criteria set forth on CISA.gov and then a determination will be made on position/need to travel.

Once a determination is made, the letter will be sent directly back to the requester. Should a worker encounter an officer, they will need to provide the travel letter along with their company ID.