Beaumont man dies from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning

  • Gas generator
    Gas generator
  • Generator usage
    Generator usage

Friday, Aug. 28, at 3:51pm, Beaumont Police Officers responded to the 200 block of  N 7th St. in reference a deceased person.  Alphonso Devon Williams, a 61-year-old Beaumont man, was found deceased inside the locked upstairs garage apartment by the maintenance man and family. 

Williams spoke to his wife the previous evening and told her that he was running a generator for power. A generator was found below in the enclosed garage. The generator was no longer running and the fuel gauge showed that it was out of fuel. An autopsy has been ordered.