E. Circuit

A crew working on the sewer line struck a 2-inch natural gas line.

Workers and residents in Beaumont's West End were stopped cold after a work crew hit a gas main on E. Circuit Drive late Tuesday afternoon. 

The sound of the gas spewing from the break could be heard down the street and at least one resident was evacuated. 

According to a BPD press release, at about 2:50 p.m., Beaumont Fire and Rescue were dispatched to the leak at 198 E. Circuit Drive. A crew working on a city sewer line hit a two-inch gas main, but Beaumont's breezy afternoon helped to dissipate any danger of explosion. 

shadow