Concord

A local business owner trying to warm up during recent cold weather accidentally ignited a fire at his plant nursery when his heater malfunctioned on Jan. 7, Beaumont Fire/Rescue reports.

According to a news release, just before 7:30 p.m., the owner of Sunshine Plant House in the 3400 block of Concord Road in Beaumont reported a fire at the business. Firefighters responded and found part of a greenhouse in flames. They were quickly able to control and extinguish the blaze, which reportedly caused moderate damage to the structure.

shadow
Mitchell James Clay

A Beaumont man has undergone at least one surgery and is recovering after he was wounded in a gunfight with Beaumont police Saturday night, Aug. 24. 

shadow